Sunday, June 8, 2008

"The Force is strong with this one...."


"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Thus says Yoda, greatest of all the Jedis. In it, Yoda was attempting to motivate young Luke Skywalker to go beyond himself and put behind his self doubt. To bring down the walls of what you think you can do, and just do it.

And thus begins my blog. It is my goal to be another resource to your world of food and wine. And under that umbrella we'll spend some time with restaurants, books, news, trends, with a Northwest focus but an eye to the world. It's my hope that you enjoy food and wine as much as I do and that you'll be compelled to find out new information about your favorite things.

When I really started to get 'into' food and wine, I realized that it was a big world with a lot to learn. I was excited by this challenge to learn, which brought me to where I am today. I look forward to learning more about food and wine and sharing it with you. Come along for the ride, we'll have a great time.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I'll quote Han Solo:

"Great kid. Now don't get cocky."

No comments: